- Salla is perfect for cross country skiing in medium and cold conditions. Salla is crew length to fit just above the ski shoe – this sock is available in three colours for men and women
- Salla Snow Sport socks are made with an elastic terry structure – merino wool with acrylic for comfortable warmth and moisture absorption - This guarantees great breathability and warmth
- Salla sock’s shaft is knitted as terry with a special elastic structure – Your feet are warm, and softness adds comfort during movement.
- The foot part of the Salla Sock has a fitted heel and seamless toe -This improves support mid-foot, and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free
- The warmth grade is 4, ideal for medium and cold conditions - Merino is knitted as terry on the sole, ankle and shaft; this increases softness and comfort inside the boot. Merino also adds breathability
Features and benefits
- Full terry shaft - Keeps ankle and warm
- All around merino - Very warm and comfortable
- Elastic shaft and grip on the arch - Gives good support
- Medium thickness
- Thermal grade: 4
- Crew length
Materials: 49% Merino wool, 25% Acrylic, 24% Polyamide, 2% Lycra
UphillSport Salla is named after a beautiful cross-country area next to the Salla mountain in Lapland. Long routes crossing the terrain are demanding to all equipment. The weather can vary a lot from warm and sunny spring days to extremely cold and windy days. The Salla sock is inspired by hard and changing conditions. Cross country skiing keeps your body heat high during the activity: heat creates moisture to the skin that needs to be absorbed. The Salla XC sock answers this challenge. The special combination of merino wool and acrylic keeps the cold outside and breathes the moisture out. Merino wool holds air inside for ventilation and insulation, keeping the frost outside of the boot. The Salla sock is designed to dry fast overnight and does not absorb sweat and smell. The high wool percentage guarantees a high thermal grade and many cross-country ski days without frostbite. Our Merino wool is always mulesing free and adds warmth and breathability.
The Salla XC sock is ideal for cross country skiing in medium and cold conditions. UphillSport Salla XC socks are made with an elastic terry structure; merino wool with acrylic for comfort, warmth and moisture absorption, which guarantees great breathability and warmth during your ski trip. This provides the perfect warmth, moisture control, and breathability; however, the sock is medium in thickness. Salla has a level 4 thermal grade. The foot part of the Salla Sock has a fitted heel and a seamless toe. This ensures a good fit and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free. No more frostbite with Salla socks. Merino is knitted as terry on the sole, ankle and shaft; this increases softness and comfort inside the ski shoe. Salla is made to crew length to fit well above the hiking boot. The Salla sock is available in three colours for men and women. The Salla sock will improve your cross-country skiing experience, as you can really feel your feet in perfect condition. You can focus on enjoying the nature and snow.
All socks are suitable for a 40 degree machine wash. Tumble drying is not recommended. Socks may appear smaller after washing - it is recommended that you re-form the socks after washing for a better fit. Many socks have elastic yarns and because of this, they may seem smaller than they really are. Merino wool properties get even better after usage and washing.
UphillSport socks are made to be long-lasting, good maintenance will make them last even longer.
Made in Finland at Sukkamestarit Oy factory. Production is ISO9001:2015 certified.
All yarn materials are OEKOTEX 100 certified.