- Tuntsa is perfect for snow sports in medium and cold conditions. Tuntsa is calf length to fit well above the boot – this sock is available in multiple colours for men and women
- Tuntsa Snow Sport socks are made with a mixed yarn structure – Polypropylene is mixed with merino wool to increase moisture absorption - This guarantees great breathability and moisture control.
- Tuntsa sock’s shaft is knitted as flat with a special elastic structure with a double welt – Your legs feel good without any pressure points.
- The foot part of the Tuntsa Sock has a fitted heel and seamless toe -This improves support mid-foot, and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free.
- The warmth grade is 4, ideal for cold conditions - Merino is knitted as terry on the sole; this increases softness and comfort inside the boot. Merino also adds breathability
Features and benefits
- Wide welt - Stays up well and stabilizes pressure
- Seamless toe and fitted heel - Prevents blisters
- All around merino - Very warm and comfortable
- Medium thickness
- Thermal grade: 4
- Calf length
Materials: 48% Merino wool, 30% Polyamide, 20% Polypropylene, 2% Elastane
UphillSport Tuntsa is named after a beautiful wilderness park in the most eastern part of Lapland. Temperatures in the Tuntsa area are challenging all year round. Continental cold air from the east blows in and brings very dry and cold air. Tuntsa is inspired by hard and changing conditions. The temperature can vary rapidly and the effects from the wind can increase the cold feeling. The Tuntsa Alpine sock is perfect for these conditions. The special combination of polypropylene and merino wool performs perfectly and adapts to changing conditions. Merino wool holds air inside for ventilation and insulation, keeping the frost outside the boot. The Tuntsa sock is designed to dry fast overnight and does not absorb sweat and smell. The high wool percentage guarantees a high thermal grade and many snow sport days without the need for laundry. Our Merino wool is always mulesing free and adds warmth and breathability.
The Tuntsa sock is ideal for Hiking and trekking or snow sports in cold conditions. UphillSport Tuntsa socks are made with a mixed yarn structure; polypropylene is mixed with merino wool to increase moisture absorption. This provides the perfect warmth, moisture control, and breathability; however, the sock is medium in thickness. Tuntsa has a level 4 thermal grade. The foot part of the Tuntsa Sock has a fitted heel and a seamless toe. This ensures a good fit and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free. No more frostbite with Tuntsa socks. Merino is knitted as terry on the sole; this increases softness and comfort inside the boot all day long day outside. Tuntsa is made to calf length to fit well above the hiking boot. The shaft is knitted to stay up even in active movements. Materials in the shaft are merino wool with lycra. The Tuntsa sock is available in multiple colours for men and women. The Tuntsa sock will improve your snow sport experience, as you can really feel your feet in perfect condition. You can focus on enjoying the outdoors and snow.
All socks are suitable for a 40 degree machine wash. Tumble drying is not recommended. Socks may appear smaller after washing - it is recommended that you re-form the socks after washing for a better fit. Many socks have elastic yarns and because of this, they may seem smaller than they really are. Merino wool properties get even better after usage and washing.
UphillSport socks are made to be long-lasting, good maintenance will make them last even longer.
Made in Finland at Sukkamestarit Oy factory. Production is ISO9001:2015 certified.
All yarn materials are OEKOTEX 100 certified.